PDA

View Full Version : What is NED?

Ann
04-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I am unclear what NED means....would someone please explain for those of us that are new to the site? Thanks so much.

Ron
04-01-2004, 10:58 PM
NED is No Evidence of Disease!

It is a great place to be.
It is sometimes personified.
But mostly it is simply longed for.

Everyone is looking for NED, some have found him, and wish to dwell there all the days of their very long lives.

We may need a new section on the board for terms and/or abbreviations.

God Bless You,
ron

Chandi
04-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi !

Once a person got cancer, its very difficult to eridicate from the body, as the tiny cancer cells sometimes stay in the body hidden some where, after all the treatments. When a cell starts multiplying it turns into a tiny tumor, which can be detected through scans.
When all the scans are clear and the blood clutures remain stable for a considerable period, and has no any cancer related symptoms, such as weight loss, and if the person returned to the normal life, like Lance Armstrong, he or she can then be considered as NED; No Evidence of Disease

Steph N.
04-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Ron said NED is "sometimes personified."
I am here to say that it is VERY OFTEN personified, for varying lengths of time and that "longing for it" is not what we do. We WORK HARD for it and many of us achieve this state of "standoff" with our disease.
We know it is a sneaky devil, but we have to live our lives and not just sit around wishing our problems away. That simply does us no good, and puts one in a precarious emotional state.
We befriend NED and hold fast to this concept while living each day the best we can.
So there is no cure today - we have drugs that can keep most of us going for a long time if we are good to our bodies and give them all the tools possible to keep up the skirmishes that come along.

Ann
04-04-2004, 05:33 AM
Hello all,

Thanks to all for the info on NED-- AND the humor....isn't it wonderful to laugh in the midst of all this??

I'll be looking for NED...!