PDA

View Full Version : Yes, there is hope!

Lisa
04-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Gary,

You've been reading the wrong information! The woman who started this very web site, Christine Druther, has been treated for brain mets for 41/2-5 years now. In fact, several women on this site have been battling brain mets (as well as liver and bone, like me) for a while and are doing O.K. Yes, it's a battle, but one that continues to have advances, so I hope your Mom doesn't give up. It's not time for hospice yet. New drugs, new treatments are in research now. Our fight isn't easy. But the battle certainly isn't lost.

Love and healing light to you mom,

Lisa

Gary Gosselin
04-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Thank you so much for the reply. She is at Baystate Medical Center.. the Center for Cancer Care in Springfield, MA. Does anyone know anything about that place? I know it is a brand new $50million facility, and she likes her Dr. But should I be investigating other places maybe in Boston? What treatments did the lady who started this website receive?
Thanks again for the information. You gave me hope after a really bad weekend. Good luck to you.

Lisa
04-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Gary,

From Message Boards, go back to Site Index. There you will find several areas of interest. "Stories" includes Christine's story and will provide you with information that might be useful.

Tell your Mom to keep up the fight!
She's fortunate to have youk helping.

Love and healing light,

Lisa