PDA

View Full Version : Good News here too!!

Linda in TX
03-31-2004, 11:28 PM
Well, I almost feel guilty to be posting my good news...and somewhat reluctant to celebrate too much given the recent advice as to the necessity of a routine brain scan (I've never had one). BUT, after 8 rounds of taxotere and weekly herceptin for my breast recurrence and 7.5cm liver lesion, my scans both came back negative. The only thing remaining on my liver is a tiny "wedge" at the tumor site that appears to be scar tissue! I got my first triple dose herceptin yesterday and so far no side effects. I am hoping for a long and successful relationship with herceptin and overjoyed with the thought of NOT having to make the 10 hour round trip to Houston every week anymore! I might even be able to find a bit of the old life I once had again! My prayers are with you all, as always.

Linda

Carlye
04-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Awesome news!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you! Keep smiling!!

Lori
04-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Linda-

TERRIFIC NEWS! I am sooo happy for you. I love to hear news like that and I only wish the best for you! Wow, 10-hour trips for Herceptin?

JaneP
04-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Congratulations! I thought my 30 mile trip to the onc was bad! I'm happy to be on a three week schedule now too.

Jane

Velva
04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Linda, Wonderful news! Posts like this keep the rest of us motivated in our search for NED! Thanks for sharing. Velva

Lisa
04-01-2004, 01:33 AM
No guilt allowed! I'm very happy for you. You're living proof that we can all make it to NED, too.

Aside...where do you live in Texas? Though I now live in Colorado, I'm a Texas native.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

Pam
04-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Yes, great news! I'm celebrating your news with you! Thanks for the lift.

Steph N.
04-01-2004, 03:24 AM
That is another success to add the stats that WE women are rewriting for the future!
I am coming up on 2 years NED and had massive and numerous liver mets. Your scar tissue will eventually go away as well.
Enjoy your new-found freedom and the hours of your life that you have back to do other things with! That in itself REALLY helps get one out of the chemo doldrums. Look ahead - not back ...

Chandi
04-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Hi Linda,

Great news. Very happy for you.
We are starving for this kind of news.
Thank you for the post.
hugs
Chandi

Beth
04-01-2004, 03:54 AM
That is terrific news! I had the same results a couple weeks ago with Taxol...it is a great feeling to get a clean scan!

Kitty
04-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Linda,

Awesome news - hopefully mine will as good tomorrow. Here's to many years NED!!!!!!
Kitty

Lolly
04-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Linda,
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy to hear your good news, and I think it gives everyone, no matter what their current status, a real boost of encouragement to hear of someone's success. Thanks for sharing that with us, and enjoy the weekend!
hugs, Lolly

Sue C
04-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Congratulations!!! I don't think you should feel guilty. It is nice to hear the good news. Actually very encouraging. We should hear about the good news as well as the bad news. Sometimes I need some lifting and it is always good to hear a tumor shrinkage or disappearance.

lolam
04-01-2004, 03:05 PM
SNOOPY DANCES FOR ONE OF US ONCE AGAIN!!WOOHOO!
CONGRATULATIONS. YOU'RE GONNA LOVE HERCEPTIN BY ITSELF. A PIECE OF CAKE! AND IT WORKS!
hERE'S TO SO MANY GOOD DAYS AHEAD!
HUGS, LOLA

eleanor
04-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Linda,
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!
It's always great to hear someone is doing well.
ENJOY you're new status.
hugs
el

Lisa
04-02-2004, 12:41 AM
No guilt allowed! I'm very happy for you. You're living proof that we can all make it to NED, too.

Aside...where do you live in Texas? Though I now live in Colorado, I'm a Texas native.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

Lindaw
04-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Dear Linda
Such good news - that is so great. Can I ask about your reccurrence on your breast ? What was it like?Hope you are celebrating.

love
linda

Elisabeth in Ontario
04-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Fantastic, I am so pleased for you. I have just started my 3rd cycle of weekly taxtere and herceptin for liver/lung mets and my liver functions are normal except for one that is 5 points out of normal range, despite the fact that so far I have only been able to tolerate 2/3 taxotere treatments each cycle due to mouth sores and boarderline counts. This encouraging.
Major Blessings coming your way,
Elisabeth

cathy
04-03-2004, 01:00 AM
congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your good news with us!!! It is always hopeful and helpful to hear stories like yours. Cheers!

Linda in TX
04-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Hi Lisa,

I finally got my computer back from the repair shop....seems to be an ongoing thing lately!

I live in the sticks, a small a community called Norse. Our closest real town is Clifton...which is NW of Waco. What part of Texas were you from?

Linda in Texas
04-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Linda,

I found the lump about 3 weeks after my mammogram last May, just 2 years since my orig dx. It was in the same area as my first one..closer to the middle of my chest and I guess the mamm just couldnt pick it up. I waited 3 months before having my dr. order a biopsy...we both felt sure it was just scar tissue since the mamm was a-ok. It was actually very tiny, even the radiologist was surprised I found it. Thank goodness I did though....that's how they discovered the liver mets! Hope all is well with you!

Kathie
04-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Linda, What great news.... God bless you for having the patience to travel 10 hours every week, but now the big reward!!! I have been on the 3 week herceptin since last June (also had liver & lung mets) still stable and feeling good. Hope you enjoy your 3 week brakes for a very long time.... Kathie

Linda in Calif
04-05-2004, 01:56 PM
That NED....you just got to love him!!!!! Take Care, Linda