PDA

View Full Version : Procrit & Taxol

Merridith
04-05-2004, 03:55 AM
I have just finished my first round of Taxol which I am taking on the two-week dose-dense regamin. I am self injecting neupogen.

Right now my resting heart rate is 120 @ min, and has been so for approx 2 weeks. I am wondering if perhaps this effect is because of low blood cells.

Is anyone out there taking this regamin also self injecting procrit? I am wondering if my onc should be prescribing this.

Lisa
04-05-2004, 03:58 AM
Merridith,

I get Procrit shots about every 4-6 weeks from my onc. My Navelbine/Herceptin combo keeps both red and white cell counts low. He also gives me a Neulasta shot for the white cell count about monthly, too. My pulse rate has been high for months now...chemo related.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

eric
04-05-2004, 04:56 AM
My wife, Caryn, took daily neupogen (? spelling) shots while on AC and took a couple shots of procrit while on Taxol.

Jackie
04-05-2004, 11:57 AM
I elected to take Aranesp (instead of Procrit) because it can be put in thru my port every other week. I get 300 mg and it's been very successful for me, but took 2 or 3 wks til I saw some improvement. I am needle phobic and can't give myself shots, so it solved that problem for me! The nurses at the clinic I go to for my infusions seem to feel it's just as effective as Procrit, just hasn't been out as long. Hope this helps.

Ron
04-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Merridith,

How much of an increase in heart rate does the 120 BPM represent?
Cyndi’s normal is about 80 to 90, since beginning chemo, Taxotere then Taxol her rate has been in the 115 range. To me that sounded alarming (as mine is about 45 to 55) but both the onc. and the pulmanologist said this is a fairly normal heart rate while on chemo. Cyndi does not receive Procrit or Neupogen this time around as counts are hovering just above the threshold point.

Cyndi took Neupogen in 99 while on A/C she did not self inject but her close friend gave the shots. She found that injecting in the belly area was easiest to tolerate. Sounds bad but hurts less.

God Bless You,
ron