PDA

View Full Version : Sharing my sadness

Lisa
04-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Friends,
I just need to share my sadness about the death of a local woman most of you don't know. Her name was Pam Daale,and she was a Denver TV meteorologist. Pam was first diag with BC in 2002. She took her disease and treatment public, and shared every step. I met her at the 2002 Denver Race for the Cure and we discussed our identical diax and treatments. I thanked her for the courage to go through it all in the public eye. I felt it would mean a lot to many women.

In November, Pam was diag with recurrent BC to the brain, chest and nodes. The WBR was difficult, and she was forced to quit her job. Her last diary post in March said that she finally had good news -- her tumor markers were declining. Yesterday, Pam passed over.

She had a challenging life. A horseback accident at age 16 left her paraplegic, but her strong faith led her. She left behind a husband and 2 young children. She was 40.

Thank you for letting me share my sadness. Pam's public presence and her upbeat attitude probably made many Denver-area women hopeful. But today, I'm just very sad.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

Lindaw
04-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Dear Lisa
I am so sorry about your friend. Thankyou for sharing her story - she sounds so brave.

love
Linda

Lolly
04-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Dear Lisa,
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It's just so difficult to lose someone anyway, but it seems especially hard when we have such a personal knowledge of the struggle.
My deepest sympathy to you, and her family.
Hugs, Lolly

Paula
04-05-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend -- it is a sad time, but just as you already mentioned . . . her memories will bring you comfort in days ahead. My deepest sympathy and prayers to you and her family that angels will surround you at this difficult time. We're all in this "race" together, one day at a time. God bless! Love and blessings, Paula

Janelle
04-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Lisa,
I am so sorry that you lost such a special person in your life. Pam sounds like she had several obstacles in her life and met them head on with gusto. She sounds like she was quite a woman! I'll keep you and Pam in my prayers.

Hugs,
Janelle

Ronda
04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
I too am saddened by the loss of Pam Daale. I was diagnosed around the same time as she. I kept up with her journal on the denver news home page.I so hate this disease for the terrible things it does. I have an agressive cancer, and get scared at every little pain, and yet it has definitely taught me to appreciate every day of life. Although I had never met Pam, she will still be missed. I share my sadness with you.

Ronda

pam
04-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Lisa -- I am sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Another sister who had great courage. It is indeed sad news. I am feeling sad with you. Pam