PDA

View Full Version : Undetected ... marker tests???

Steph N.
04-06-2004, 03:17 AM
Lyn - you wrote: "I don't know until Thursday when I have my Herceptin what the plan will be. It is worrying that so much can go undetected."

This is also a worry to any of us out here in cyberspace who have a clue about cancer.
I am wondering if you had tumor marker test of any kind (can't remember if you posted on this prior) and what the doc says now that they DO know for sure what that lump is.
It would seem that for the most part any mets would raise a marker to some degree and trigger more immediate tests, rather than you having to jerk their chain about it for months on end!
Just praying that the plan you all agree on will have the desired effect!
Interested to hear what they propose.

Lyn
04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi Steph, I have been paranoid about tumour markers ever since I got this demon. The weird thing is that for the whole time over the last 6 years my tumour marker CA15-3 has always been under 22, and my last marker a couple of weeks back was 8? Obviously this is not a good guide for me because my markers were better than normal, my CT's and Scans were all normal but the MRI soon told a different story but it has been taking me this long to finally get the lump acknowledged. The dumbest part was the biopsy being done under the lump, if I just took notice of the reports I would probably be in all sorts of a mess. I have been lucky all of my symptems have been on the outside, lumps and skin mets and I now make sure I have a CT from head to stomach. But as I am healing with my heart and thyroid disease then I am not by any means going to die I have a lot of loving and living to do.

Love & Hugs to you Lyn