PDA

View Full Version : Lump found same breast at surgical site with redness

Paula P.
04-06-2004, 01:43 PM
I just found the lump tonight at the same place the last lump was excised (June 2000). The scar is very red and hot to touch. Do I wait to see what happens or call my surgeon tomorrow and ask for a mammogram, biopsy or sonogram? I've cried for the last hour because of this. I want to be aggressive in finding out what it is, and sometimes the doctors want to wait and see. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks, Paula P.

Vicki
04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Best to check it out ASAP. I had a similar problem, though only twelve months after original surgery and I was sure it was a recurrence. Thankfully it was not... just a foreign body reaction to suture material. It is best to find out and be sure. Ask for investigation.... a biopsy is probably the best way to go.
Vicki

Patty H
04-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I found a lump under my arm where other lymph nodes had been removed. I thought maybe it was scar tissue from my reconstruction. I had an appointment already scheduled with my breast surgen in two weeks. When I got there and showed her she reacted right then and there. She called and sent me right over to the breast center for a biospy! So I'm thinking she would have had me call sooner instead of waiting. Call today! Patty H