PDA

View Full Version : nausea relief?

rose
04-06-2004, 05:57 PM
I am having alot of nausea on Gemzar, xeloda and wondered what you would recommend. Generally speaking I don't do well with some of the typical nausea meds. They make me very spacey, zofran, compazine. But I haven't tried Kytril or anzemet or this new one aloxi. I would love to have something that doesn't have these spacey side effects.

Any suggestions?

Colleen
04-06-2004, 08:25 PM
My friend is an oncology nurse and she says that many of the people that come in,in addition to anti nausea drugs ,wear Seabands,those things you can buy in any grocery store or pharmecy for seasickness. In any case I would ask your Dr. about them 1st.Hope you feel better soon.

Sheila
04-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Have you tried ginger such as ginger root, ginger ale as an addition to the meds? It seems to help alot of people.
Hugs
Sheila

Pam
04-07-2004, 12:27 AM
I get anzemet pills and take only 1 a day for 2 or 3 days after my weekly treatment of navelbine. That works well for me.

Berta
04-07-2004, 01:10 AM
I am getting the CEF chemo. In the beginning I got zofran, but that gave me headache. Now I get Kytril, and it is working fine for me.
Good luck,
Berta

JaneP
04-07-2004, 01:18 AM
For me room temperature ginger ale worked as well as anything and has, of course, zero side effects!

Good luck.
Jane

Elisabeth
04-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Have you tried something simple like gravol? Sometimes the simple ones work well. I found that eating small carb snacks helped- kind of like crackers and morning sickness. Nausea can be miserable, I hope you find something.
Elisabeth