PDA

View Full Version : To Ellen - Navelbine & Xeloda

Chandi
03-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Ellen !

I am to start my 6th Xeloda cycle on 01.04.04,for liver met (two tiny nodules detected on routine check after 9 yrs after the 1st diag). Xeloda seems to have been causing pleural and paricardial effusions in me (not sure whether it was due to lung met or Xeloda). The latest scan shows no change in the liver tumors, after 5th. My oncologist said its stable, not growing or spreading. But If my effusions remains after the Xeloda 6 cycles I am thinking of Navelbine.
For what have you been taking Xeloda & Navelbine ? For liver & lung mets ?
Did you take both together ?
I know there was one post here that after the Navelbine, some one has got a liver tumor.
According to some posts Navelbine is the ideal for lung met. Whats your openion on these please ?
hugs
Chandi

JaneP
03-28-2004, 07:48 AM
I'm butting in here to say the Navelbine cleaned up my liver and lungs and kept the bones clean. I did have skin mets progression however and was switched to Xeloda. I've just started my 3rd cycle of that and have scans tomorrow.

Good luck to you.
Jane

ellen
03-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Actually I dont have any cancer spread. Praise the lord!! I'm taking Navelbine,Xeloda and methotrexate as a 1st line chemo because I cant have taxol due to an existing neuropathy. I have already done 12 weeks AC and radiation. This is my last chemo and then on to tamox and I think I will be taking the vaccine for the her2nu. Not many woman take xmn for 1st line chemo I know but it was either that or cmf and my onc decided to go this route. So far it is ok. Thanks Ellen

Kaye
04-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi Ellen, where are you being treated?