PDA

View Full Version : brain scan

lolam
04-08-2004, 12:48 AM
I told my onc. about brain mets with no symptoms and how I wanted a brain scan once a year. I was ready for a fight and he said that sounded totally reasonable to him! And I was ready for a good knock down dragged out fight! Disappointing! Anyway, He said he would have to lie on the request that I had headaches and blurry vision or my ins. co. would not pay for it. I didn't like the word "Lie" as I value my integrity. I wish the ins. co. would change the policy. Anyway I did have 2 headaches recently, bad ones actually. So whew, took care of that "lie". Then I have really blurry vision when I take my glasses off. I cannot see the hand in front of my face. So there goes that lie, sorta! I have the scan tomorrow and I am not expecting them to find a thing. But now one never really knows for 100% sure does one?
Hugs, Lola

shelley
04-08-2004, 03:39 AM
Good luck on your scan tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I love your funny posts.

Hugs,

Shelley

Lisa
04-08-2004, 04:14 AM
It's difficult to even say the words "integrity" and "insurance companies" in the same word sometimes, isn't it? Let us know your results ASAP!

Love and healing light,

Lisa

Lolly
04-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Lola,
You're giving me ideas.......

Sheila
04-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Lola
I figure if I use the "Not tonight dear, I have a headache" enough, my husband will demand one for me!!!!
Hugs
Sheila

eleanor
04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but that was pretty funny. The headaches and blurry vision are what I use (yes, vanity keeps me from wearing glasses - there's my blurry vision). Another good "lie" is dizzy spells - you know - the kind when you stand up way to quickly???
el