PDA

View Full Version : herceptin and xleoda

Patty H
04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
I was on taxotere and carboplatin and herceptin for lung and bone mets. My last scan showed no gains. I had to take steroids before and they keep me awake. So I was on the computer at 2 this morning and I was reading the post on herceptin and xeloda. On the way to the Drs. I was telling my husband about what I had read having no idea that when I got there that My dr. was changing me to it. If it works out for me I will get to switch to triple herceptin and not have to go in every week which sounds great. But I read a lot of pro's and cons about it. But maybe this combo will work for me. I am on a dose of 3 500's twice a day. From what I have read that is a strong dose. What kind of dose are any of you taking? Patty H

Patty H
04-09-2004, 10:44 AM
I meant to say 3 pills each a 500 dose. Patty H

JaneP
04-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I take 4 of those each morning and 3 more at night. Today I just finished my third bottle!

Velva
04-10-2004, 01:19 AM
I take 4 of 500mg 2 x day and just finished my 3rd cycle.

Sue C
04-10-2004, 01:33 AM
I take 3 x 500 mg in the morning and at night. I only am on second cycle.

Chandi
04-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi !

I take only Xeloda, for a suspected of liver met after 9 years of the 1st diag. Hoping to to take Herceptin as soon as possible as I was only tested for it recently from the original tumor.
Now I am on the 6th cycle (Three weeks daily and one week off) 2000mg per day, 1000mg at Breakfast and 1000 mg at Dinner.
My onclogist told that I am stable after the 4th cycle (no spread and not growing the tumor sizes).
I have two tiny nodules by Dec 2003, 1st one was detected from my 1st ever scan after many years in May 2003 and the 2nd in Dec 2003. My ultra sound scans never detetected these changes and liver function tests were normal all the time.
I got pleural & pari cardial effusions by March 2003, I dont know yet whether it was due Xeloda or due to the tumors or something else. Other than that the side effects are quite manageable.
The onclogist may schedule my next scan at the end of this month after the 6th cycle. Thats all I can tell about my experience about Xeloda.
Hugs,
Chandi.

Hope
04-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi Patty, your case sounds a lot like mine. Are you taking just Xeloda now and Herceptin will be added later or are you taking both together. Where are you at? Did your oncologist tell you about any controversy about this, about them being synergistic to each other or antagonistic. Please let me know any info. you can give me on this. Can I e-mail you directly. My e-mail address is hetrahan@aol.com. Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going. Thanks in advance.