PDA

View Full Version : Brain Lesions?

Rose
04-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Hello. I had an MRI, PET, CT scan, and mammogram last week as a part of my 6 mo. post chemo check up. The brain MRI was due to my complaint that I have dizziness on occasion and memory loss. Well, doctor called and said everything looked good, and that there were '3 lesions in the brain that appear unremarkable and don't appear to be metatastic disease'..... well, I am reading posts here and am wondering if they are missing this? Any advice would be appreciated. I am strongly Her2positive, Er negative, 15/17 nodes positive. Am on weekly Herceptin since completing chemo/radiation in December.

Christine Adams
04-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Hi Rose,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent dizziness and the disturbing findings of your various scans. Please see my post above regarding my recent experience and also know that when I sent out a similar message to this and another board, I had several women share similar experiences where the 'lesions/nodules' found did in fact turn out to be harmless. I might suggest, however, since you ARE having symptoms, that you ask for a referral to a neurologist to find out what is causing the dizziness.
I will be thinking of you and hoping that all turns out to be just fine.

Hugs,

Christine

Lolly
04-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Rose,
I would be worried also, but a neurologist should be able to get to the bottom of the dizzy episodes. Possibly these lesions, even though non-malignant, are causing inflamation which in turn is causing the dizziness. Please keep us posted as to what you find out.
Hugs, Lolly