PDA

View Full Version : thank you patty z and christine

rose
04-20-2004, 08:29 AM
It is always overwhelming to hear the words, we think you have brain metastases. It is so wonderful to hear you ladies give reassurance that there can be hope.

I have looked into cyberknife centers in Southern Calif where I live and there are 2. One at USC and another in Newport Beach. I am having more tests and then will start the consultation rounds.
I have heard good things about Keith Black and will start there.

Hard to believe I have mets everywhere and am still so functional. I guess I am just not ready to go yet. As my onc says to me, he will keep flogging away as long as I want. I asked him when would I know that that is it. He said you will know.

Christine
04-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Rose,
I also live in So Cal, Carlsbad to be exact, LaCosta to be more specific. I saw Dr. Black in 2000 for a second opinion on a tumor problem that I had.

He is a very congienial doctor with excellent bedside manners. He remembered me and invited me and my family to a survivor's day celebration in Beverly Hills.

He has also agreed to serve on our advisory board.

Below is an article about him which appeared in Time magazine.

Hugs and well wishes,
Christine

pattyz
04-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Rose,
It is so great that you have these experienced CK Centers so close to you!

You are (IMO) doing JUST the right things, investigating and researching your treatment options...getting the best and most experienced opinions.

I thought I was a 'goner' when first dx'd with the brain mets. And am feeling some amount of 'survivor guilt' and awe that I am doing so well after all this time.

No reason that you can't achieve the same results!

big hugs,
pattyz xoxoxox

rose
04-21-2004, 12:24 AM
patty it is people like you and christine that keep people like me going and give me hope. Otherwise I would be in bed, under the blankets feeling sorry for myself. You ladies are a blessing.

I have read a lot about cyber and gamma knife and understand more now. I just need to get out there and have a couple of opinions. I made the usual mistake of looking at my scans about midnight last night and of course couldn't sleep. But then I chugged down a bunch of ice cream and ativan and felt much better.

Please don't ever leave the boards, you have given me such a boost!

With hugs,
Rose