PDA

View Full Version : Completed Brain Radiation

Mary-Tierrasanta in San Diego
04-20-2004, 10:55 AM
I finished 13 days of whole brain radiation last Monday. Went to get a second opinion today and was told that he would have chosen same course. Next brain MRI is scheduled for May 11. Very minimum symptoms. A little unstable and less recall of desired word but the most disturbing one is that I can feel the tumor in the back of my head. Wakes me up. May be some good news. Was told that it may be from swelling and to try increasing the dexadron (had been reducing it). No headaches!

lindaw
04-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Dear Mary
So nice to see a posting from you and to hear that the radiation had few side effects.Sp pleased it wasn't too hard on you.

love
lindaw

Lolly
04-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Mary,
I'm glad to hear you've finished the course, and are on the road to recovery. Our ability to heal is truly amazing, and my prayers and well wishes go out to you.
Hugs, Lolly

Sheila
04-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Mary
So glad that is all behind you, may your recovery be swift and calm...Keep smiling, we are all here praying for you.
Hugs and Love
Sheila

Patty D
04-21-2004, 12:23 AM
I am curious- when I was dx with brain mets last Aug I was told I could no longer drive- I filled out a handicapped form on whcih my oc said I should not drive. I have been told this is for my own good as judgment and reaction time on the road could be affected. Any feedback from other gals that have had the WBR and what they were told about driving?

Lolly
04-21-2004, 12:45 AM
My sister-in-law was never told she couldn't drive, although she didn't until 6 months or so after she finished WBR, as she had vision problems which took awhile to resolve...

Paul
04-21-2004, 01:13 AM
Dear Mary,

It is great to hear that you are doing just fine. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you on May 11.

lolam
04-21-2004, 02:04 AM
So good to hear from you. Glad that's behind you now. I am trusting that it will have taken care of the problem, so praying for good results in May. God bless you now as you recover. Keep looking up! Hugs, Lola

Linda in Calif
04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Hi Mary: Glad to see you back at the HER2 site.
I hope you are feeling better and your energy picks up soon. Take Care, Linda