PDA

View Full Version : Could ear pain be a part of brain mets?

Kay
04-27-2004, 04:26 AM
I have a ear pain and jaw pain from time to time.I have had this on and off due to the way I hold my teeth so tight at night.Or when stressed out.But could it also be part of brain mets.I will see my onc in a few weeks so will ask him.I am due also for a pet scan soon.Worry worry worry now over any new pain that was something I never did before this.

lauren
04-27-2004, 08:34 AM
It doesn't sound particularly threatening. I think you are going a little crazy here. You already KNOW why you have ear pain and jaw pain - because you seem to have TMJ. Ask your doctor if you still feel the same way in two weeks.

Lyn
04-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Hi Kay, it is quite normal to question what is happening with your body. I have ear and skull area numb, and I can tell you that people thought I was weird, it seems that because of a lymph mets in my neck it pushes on the nerve that goes to that area. I have had this for about 12 months and it was confirmed when I had a biopsy done on my neck, the nerve shot right up behind my ear, something I wouldn't want to do again. You are right to not become complacent with your body.

Big Hugs Lyn