PDA

View Full Version : questions about gamma knife and cyberknife

pattyz
04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
the fatigue is NOT ANYTHING like with WBR. In fact, I don't notice anymore fatigue than usual.

The headache can vary I think, with the area and size of combined tumor mass. Mine have all been slight with pressure all over. Controlled with small dose of Decadron for just one week.

I have not driven for over a yr, but I am on other medications and my attention on the road is bad. This has been my decision.

Compared to WBR, either of these two procedures is a 'breeze'. With very few and short lived side effects.

xoxox
pattyz

Patty D
04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
I am going for my planning session for my cyberkinife procedure soon- I had WBR last summer when my brain mets was discovered. I had alot of fatigue from that - Dont know yet about the cyberknife but when I have it done I will let everyone know how it went and what side effects I had. I was told it should not be too bad. I too have not driven since lst summer- very frustrating to have to relay on others but I dont trust my reflex time and jusdgment at this time.

Annamarie16
04-28-2004, 12:00 AM
I had Gamma Knife and it was relatively easy. Really didn't have any side effects at all. Went in, had the frame put on at 7:00 a.m., they did the radiation about 12:30, and took the frame off. I stayed overnight for observation and that was that. So far, they are saying the Gamma Knife did the job. I didn't have any symptoms either. Found mine on a scan.