PDA

View Full Version : Patty,

pattyz
04-07-2004, 08:28 AM
did you find my old post on my CyberKnife treatments??? Just let me know if not.

My side effects have been loss of hair in spots radiated after about three weeks. These latest were close to the surface so that may be the reason. Other hair covers these spots.

I also had some pressure type headache and a strange feeling when I moved my head too fast. Took a low dose of Dec for just a week as I hate it so much...but it helped me over the worst of it. Then just had maybe another week with less and less pressure. I took the Dec on my own as they only gave me a 4mg to take once right after treatment. So maybe you wouldn't have these same symptoms. I had 6 tumors treated in two sessions.

Are you in MN? Going to St. Joseph's?

hugs,
pattyz

pattyd
04-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Yes I live near St Paul so will be going to St Josephs- I cant remember the name of the radion onc that I will be sing- it is a lady and suppossed to be very good- I am really hoping I am a candidate for this- there are only 3 tumors so maybe they can do them all at once. I missed your posting- I thought yout had the gamma knifes done. Thanks for your help. You can email me directly if you like- just link to my address in this posting. God Bless.

pattyz
05-03-2004, 05:49 AM
this is wonderful news! Will be anxious to hear from you to compare our experience with this procedure!

My tumors have disappeared over time. Last Fridays MRI results from my CyberKnife show 'stable' at this point. But the original tumors treated are gone. I fully expect my next MRI to show shrinkage.

thinking of you,
hugs, pattyz xoxox

Patty d
05-03-2004, 11:28 PM
What do you mean by stable. You said the origianl ones are gone but you expect your recent MARI( to show shrinkage???? As usual I am confused. Will let you know how this goes.