PDA

View Full Version : herceptin side effects

cathy long
05-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Has anybody suffered side effects , cramps in fingers,low backpain, pain in lung ? wether further mets would appreciate any reassurance.
cathy

Eleanor
05-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Herceptin can cause all of those things, the side effects vary. It is a good idea to discuss the side effects with your onc, though. This way you will know it's not something else.
el

Kristen
05-06-2004, 12:05 AM
I have had all those side effects. My onc tells me it is from the taxotere, or it could be from the herceptin. i start my triple dose on monday. so i will know if its the herceptin. how long does taxotere stay in the blood system, my last chemo was march 29. my right leg has been bothering me and she gave me vioxx.,gave me the dizzies, equalibrium was way off and slept for 2 days. haven't taken any more and have it again today. anybody have any suggestions? thanks

Lolly
05-06-2004, 12:42 AM
I've had the cramping in fingers and toes ever since Taxol, so I can't blame Herceptin. However, low back pain, also hip and various other joint pains I definitely think are from Herceptin. I believe it contributes to inflamation in the joints, which causes the pain. I've been on Herceptin over 3 years now, and it's gradually gotten better, so I assume my system has adjusted to the drug.
Love, Lolly

Colleen
05-06-2004, 02:59 AM
When did the side effects begin.? My Mom had her 3rd dose yesterday and except for her original allergic reaction from the loading dose,she has no side effects from that or the Taxol.I hope things improve for you!

Lauren
05-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Herceptin can cause all sorts of annoying side effects. If you are on it for mets, it can cause pain in the site of the tumor. If you are on it for prevention, it can cause bloating and tiredness and depression. All kinds of chemo seem to cause joint and muscle aches, so I don't know what to attribute that to. Taxotere was the worst. But Herceptin has made it harder for me to recover from workouts...

Sheila
05-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Lauren
Lets not forget that weight gain...or at least I have had it...then the runny nose, watery eyes...but hey, its doing its thing on the Mets so all of this is a small price to pay for the magic it can work!
Hugs
Sheila

eleanor
05-06-2004, 09:59 PM
AMEN
we can LIVE with the side effects
el