PDA

View Full Version : Possible supraclavicular mets.... treatment?

Kaye
05-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone had supraclavicular mets and if so what treatment did you have? Thannnks in advance.

Lolly
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Kaye,
I had supraclavicular mets diagnosed in January of 2001, started Navelbine/Herceptin (Her2+++)and six months later, having no evidence of disease, dropped Navelbine and continued on Herceptin mono therapy until last week. A PET scan revealed a second recurrence to supraclavicular nodes, plus 2 under right arm, so am back on weekly Navelbine/Herceptin. Too soon to tell if the treatment is working, but I see my onc again next month, and we've already discussed moving to a different chemo if Navelbine doesn't work this time, but he thinks it's been long enough since my last round that we may see a good response again.
For me, mets to lymph nodes has been highly treatable, and side effects minimal.
Hope this helps,
Lolly

Sheila
05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
I have them on the left side...had the nodes biopsied and removed...found to be Her2 3+ from the previous BC 1 1/2 years prior. That was in Sept. I started Herceptin in Oct. and go every 3 weeks. My last scans showed NED....it seems these pesky mets are very treatable, but need to be kept on top of as they can return as Lolly's did. I have had no problems throough the treatment.
Hugs
Sheila

Lyn
05-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Hi there, well where shall we start, I have been havaing my mets to the neck lymphs come back and forth since 1998, they are treatable with the right cocktail, and radiation works well but at the moment I am not having much luck but at the same time my GP and I are convinced my BC is Pagets and I think I have Bowen disease to the neck as a result of the Pagets so I am still investigating. It is definately a patience game with this BC.

Love & Hugs