PDA

View Full Version : Treatments for skin mets

Sandy
05-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi Linda: I hope I didn't sound too negative and am always looking for someone to prove them WRONG!! I had Herceptin and Taxol every 3 weeks the first time around and it worked wonderful. Then the second time I had the same with carboplatin added but weekly (much easier to tolerate). The first treatment they looked worse but the second one Wow, did they run away. Had 2 cycles of 12 treatments then several skin biopsies which were clean. Have been out of treatment 6 weeks now and so far so good skin all clear. This doesn't work for everyone as I understand there are those on this board that have tried this combo and it didn't work. It just so happens that Taxol works wonders for me. Good luck in what ever you do. Hugs, Sandy

Lindaw
05-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Dear Sandy
No you didn't sound too negative . I like to hear what people have experienced it helps me make up my mind. My last biopsy actually showed tumour so I don't know what that means other than it is hard to get rid of. I just don't know about the surgery - the chemo may not work ( xeloda is next) or it may . If I have the surgery will it get local control. If I leave it and the tumour grows on xeloda will it spread?
If the xeloda doesn't work I know there is a trial of the GW5..... thing to try. I am going to the Peter Mac cancer center in Melbourne on Monday - the drs here want me to get a secvond opinion from the head guy there.

love
linda