PDA

View Full Version : what chemo\'s are left?

Patty H
05-13-2004, 08:24 AM
I have a scan Tue. and I always get nervous before a scan. In the last 9 months I have tried navelbine+herceptin, taxotere+carboplatin+herceptin and now xeloda+herceptin. I have bone and lung mets. If my scan doesn't come back good this time what chemo's are left for me to try? Patty H

JoJo
05-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Patty H, even though you had already tried taxotere, how about trying Taxol? They both are from the same taxane family.

Thanks to Lolly for the links!

jeff
05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Hello Patty,

A few things that come right to mind are:
1. There are new formulations of older drugs that you might be able to use like doxil (adriamycin in a new form) and abraxane (taxol in a new form).

2. There are loads of things in phase II clinical trials that might be worth looking into, like ixabepilone, and flavopiridol

3. There are also trials using various combinations of celebrex and other agents

4. herceptin+iressa or herceptin+avastin or the brand new glaxosmithkline drug (see elsewhere on the board) 572016

5. I think alimta is also being tried in breast cancer too.

Additionally, the big yearly oncology meeting (ASCO) happens in early June, and there is usually loads of new info that comes out of that.

Good luck!
Jeff