PDA

View Full Version : to Patty Z & Patty D re: cyber knife

Jackie
05-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Hello Ladies,
Based on recent postings here, I requested an MRI of brain (even tho no symptoms) which I had on Mon, and guess what...I found out today that 2 small areas of concern showed up! Gamma knife is available here but not cyber knife. I know you both have had cyber knife procedures and I wondered where you live? I'm in NC. It might take an act of Congress to get myself treated elsewhere, but from what I've perceived from your postings, it seems preferable to the gamma. My onc will support my search, don't know about the insurance co. I'll do a board search and go back and read everything I can but don't know how to find cyber knife facilities in the US. I have been fearful of this happening and now it has and it sure is scarey! There is something about your brain that is different than other areas of the body I guess. Thanks so much for your help!
Love, Jackie

PatS
05-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Someone at bcsupport posted this site which contains info on cyberknife and also list site
locations.

www.accuray.com or www.cyberknife.com
(either address takes you to the same place)

Pat

Jackie
05-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Many thanks, Pat! There are some locations not too far away from me.
Jackie

Patty D
05-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Just saw your posting- I had my cyberknife done here in Minn a couple weeks ago. Our site was just openend last fall. It was a painless fairly quick procedure. *I have not had Gamma knife. the good thing about the cyberknife is it can be done several times. Good luck- and God Bless.