PDA

View Full Version : yes

lauren
05-19-2004, 09:27 PM
I agree with you on faith, hope and support. I do feel that there is a place for opinions too though. Unfortunately, my opinion is not a popular one, and it is definitely VERY easy for me to SAY my opinion when I already had had my children before the cancer struck, and it might be a totally different story had I not had children before I got cancer. But I do believe that pregnancy is risky for a woman who has had breast cancer or any other kind of cancer for that matter because it is taxing on the body. Unlike chemo, it does not tax the body while attacking cancer cells. Pregnancy is literally a drain on one's body because the body gives whatever it has to the baby FIRST and THEN to the body that is carrying the baby. My second pregnancy was beset with constant illness and strain (more strep infections than I can count, a cough that did not quit until I had the baby). That is my reality.

I know how hard it is to want a baby and not know if you can have one or be faced with people telling you not to have one. I am sorry this is so hard. Breast cancer SUCKS. It attacks us where we are MOST vulnerable.

I truly hope and wish for us all that whoever amongst us out there WANTS to have a child can have one by whatever means are possible and without harming our health in any way.

lauren