PDA

View Full Version : To Lyn-My enlarged lymph nodes are shrinking

carol
05-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi Lyn, Back in March you asked me how Herceptin Avastin works on lymph nodes. Well the good news is that I just got my mri scan results in and several borderline enlarged lymph nodes (1.3cm) have decreased in half or have completely resolved. Hugs, Carol

Eleanor
05-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Carol, great news. This is good to know in case any of us come across this type of mets.
el

Lolly
05-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Carol,
I will keep this in mind also; I seem to be having a good response to Herceptin/Navelbine again, but if it slows down before the nodes are shrunk completely it's good to know about this option.
Love, Lolly

Lyn
05-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks for that, brilliant news for you, I have been off with the fairies lately, so haven't had a chance to post as much, no not really but treating this damn disease is like having a full time job. I am glad there is another combo out there. I won't be having the trial drug yet, I am not bad enough that was good to hear, but I will now contine continuing on with Herceptin/Carboplatin and Taxol weekly together with Rads 10 rounds. I have been to 3 different hospitals this week and had to squeeze in my son to the doc for tests as well, then to top it off I got a phone call on the train heading off to rad planning from my son who had taken an antibiotic and got allergic to it, of course it sounded real bad so I had to ring the casualty department from the train and thankfully they said give him an antihistamine, and I just happened to have bought some last week so another hicup taken care of, I got some weird looks from the other passengers. Well thanks again.

Love & big Hugs Lyn

Lyn
05-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi Lolly, great news, my onc's head is spinning I think with all of the info I have been sending him, hope he hasn't regretted giving me his e-mail address, I don't think so, how long since you had Navelbine before, did you stop for any particular reason?

Love & Big Hugs Lyn

Lolly
05-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi Lyn,
I first had Navelbine back in 2001 when I first started Herceptin for first recurrence to skin and lymph nodes. After 6 months was NED, so went off N. and continued on H. since then. With 2nd recurrence to lymph nodes, my onc wanted to try N. again, he said if it's been a year or more since trying a drug, that sometimes it will be effective again. Seems he was right!
Love, Lolly