PDA

View Full Version : A Prayer of Trust/My Monday morning Check-in

Lolam
05-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Dear Lord, "I wonder, as I get older and have more and more things go wrong with my body and my mind, what lies ahead."
I accept the fact I have to lay down this life before I can begin another, but I'm still a little bit scared. I like it here. I love my family and friends. I like the daily surprises, I even like the complaining. I want to live!
Whether I continue on in this life for a while longer or whether I begin my new life sooner than I'd bargained for, I guess it makes little difference. When I realize one life ends, another one will begin.
As my friends cry "There she goes," another batch will be calling "Here she comes."
Dear Lord, I place myself in Your loving arms. Please ease my doubts, deepen my trust, calm my fears, touch my aches and pains, hang onto me and restore my insight.
There is a God. There is more out there than meets the eye. There is a tomorrow. And I'm certain I'll be in it.
My prayers and thoughts continue for all of you dear girls, Hugs, Lola

Sheila
05-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Lola
That was beautiful...brought tears to my eyes. Thank You
Hugs
Sheila

jane
05-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Whoa! What a lovely attitude. I hope I'll have the wherewhithall to keep the same faith. God has blessed you, may that continue.
Hugs (but, as I've recently discoverd...they should be to the "other" side)
JST

Ron
05-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Lola,

What a wonderful prayer! I have taken the liberty of sending it to several of our friends and family members. I hope you don't mind a little publishing of your handiwork!

God Bless You,
ron

Hope
05-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Beautiful prayer! and it came at the right moment for me when I am feeling down and afraid of the future. Thanks again for your prayer. I made a copy and will now say it every day. God if great!