PDA

View Full Version : To \"little l\" lauren:

Lauren
06-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for the note... I really feel strongly that we have much to hope for!

I respect people's treatment decisions and I believe whole-heartedly that it is up to the individual to decide on the best path for them, but I felt compelled to respond to the poster on that site who said that she was dismissing herceptin for early stage because she thought that it "didn't work for er/pr-." I just didn't want her to make an important decision based on misinformation. I have learned so much about her2 from reading this site. The "articles of interest" section is really fantastic. That was how I learned about arimidex and the potential additional benefit to women who are her2+ and er/pr+. My doctor had recommended tamoxifen, but I demanded lupron shots and arimidex. I completely changed my treatment path based on the tidbits that I learned here... and then confirmed by following up with my own additional research. I owe a lot of my "peace of mind" to this site.

I'd love to keep in touch... Please feel free to e-mail me. I'm going to start saving the "early stage herceptin" success stories that I find (and believe me I hunt them down!) I've read many here in various posts over the past 18 months but I've not saved them (I don't know what I was thinking!) But I can tell you they are out there!! And I applaud your survey, but keep in mind that you are only getting a snapshot of people who are in our situation... So don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of posts. It's probably worthwhile to restart your survey often to catch those who check in only occasionally... It's a bit of a paradox, as those who you want most to hear from for your survey are not often visiting here, since they are years out from diagnosis and have likely moved on.

All the best to you...
Love and hugs,
Big L