PDA

View Full Version : 1 less thing to worry about!

JoJo
06-24-2004, 12:36 PM
I posted recently about my biopsy results.

I just had a bone scan done; it came out clean! :-) Whew!

Head MRI & torso CT down to go...

Wish me luck. Prayers also appreciated! :-)

???knock on wood!>

Steph N
06-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Jojo -
I WELL remember the knots in my stomach when I was going through all the diagnostic tests with my mets. Each "test" passed was a little more weight off the shoulders, and you begin to have a little more hope that things can be dealt with. AND that you body has not totally let you down!
Treat yourself to some quiet time with some favorite music or a movie you can get lost in.
These days shall pass soon.

jojo
06-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Actually, I have been treating myself with TWO weekend trips in a straight row recently. Right after receiving 2nd recurrence news, I decided to camp out with friends last weekend. Nice time. Then this weekend, going to Los Angeles alone to catch US gymnastics action in Olympics Trial. Fun time!

I'm finding out that it feels SO good to have distractions. I work hard to put "cancer" behind my head, not pasted on front of my forehead! THEN I should be home-based for a good while.

Hugs

eugene
06-24-2004, 09:34 PM
I will say a prayer that the rest of the scans will be fine.

lindaw
06-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Dear Jojo
I know what you mean by working hard to put cancer behind your head. Sometimes I find it easier than other times. Now I am busy with soccer and the end of term for my kids and I haven't seen anymore bits on my scar yet - so i can manage it - as soon as I spot anything I find it more difficult but i want to continue to try to allocate only a portion of my mind to the worry and leave the rest for my family.

love
lindaw