PDA

View Full Version : To Lauren

Lisa in OH
04-16-2004, 01:47 AM
I want to make myself more clear because I certainly understand your concern. I finished Chemo with my herceptin on the trial in May, 2003 and continued on with Herceptin until 7 weeks ago. I was originally diagnosed with breast cancer in October, 2002. I developed 2 more lumps on the other side above my collar in 1 week, which was during the waiting time for getting my needle biopsy on the one original lump and then getting back in to see my Oncologist for treatment, which was started yesterday. Please be aware of anything new. I don't want to scare you because I could be just one of the few that had this happen. Sorry again about the mix up in dates.

lauren
04-16-2004, 01:53 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this. I am so happy to be done with treatment but so scared of this very thing. The longer I am out of treatment the better, but the closer I could be to a recurrance...so scary....

You need lots of good thoughts right now, so I am sending some your way...

Lauren

Lisa in OH
04-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Thank you so much! I will keep you informed of my progress. Here's a Hug for you...

lauren
04-16-2004, 02:08 AM
Lisa, how old are you? I am 38. Diagnosed at 36. Two kids. Too many pregnancies. Highly pr positive, moderately er positive. On arimidex.

Lisa in OH
04-16-2004, 02:22 AM
Hi again, I just turned 40. I have 3 kids under the age of 11. I was ER/PR- and HER2 positive. I had no family history of breast cancer so it was quite a shock to me. It is very scarey when you are raising your children during all this and you just want to see them grow up. I'm just going to try to take one day at a time and think positive. Please feel free to write to me anytime. Lisa

Linda in Calif.
06-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Hi Lauren: I know I am responding a little late to this thread but I felt like I wanted to throw in my 2 cents so here goes... I think it is not only appropriate but nessessary to have a broad range of topic at this site. Cancer is certainly not a single faceted disease so why shouldn't we examine as many facets of it here as we can? I thought your disscussion about the word "Journey" was an interesting one because I am into linguistics and know how important language can be. Cutting edge information is important to have but also reading the funny, sad or inspiring personal stories and being able to voice different opinions is just as important. I think of everyone here as part of a big family. I want to know about the arrival of a new grand child or that scans came back nice and clear. I also want to know about new drugs to fight HER2+ cancer and where the clinical trials are.
We are a relativly small group of women with a particular type of cancer...if we didn't have each other to post to and laugh with and cry with and even DISAGREE with, can you imagine how lonely and isolated we would feel? I don't know what Christine said but maybe we all need to give each other some slack. Sometimes it's just best to agree to disagree. I hope that by the time you read this everything has resolved itself. Take Care, Linda