PDA

View Full Version : Dose-Dense AC followed by Taxotere/Herceptin

vinnie
06-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Has anybody done dose-dense AC ( given every two weeks instead of three ) and then followed it by Taxotere/Herceptin given either weekly or every three weeks?

Also has anybody done dose-dense AC followed by Taxotere/Herceptin/and platinum salt ( Cistoplatin or Carboplatin )

Please post your comments on side effects and cardio toxicity problems with either of the above two regimens

Thanks

vinnie
06-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Also, has anybody tried this in an adjuvant setting?

Jojo
06-27-2004, 04:02 AM
Did dose dense, but a little differently.

A/C every 2 weeks, then weekly Taxol with weekly Herceptin.

Neoadjuvant.

Rozebud
06-27-2004, 04:36 AM
I didn't do dose dense, so I'm not sure if you're as interested (herceptin study didn't allow dose dense). All adjuvent. I did A/C *4 (3 weeks), the 12 weeks of herceptin while doing 4 rounds (every 3 weeks) of taxotere, and then after that I have herceptin every 3 weeks for 40 weeks.

My first MUGA was after A/C, and it actually went UP! I'm in the middle of the taxotere (round 2) and have a MUGA next week, so we'll see what 6 weeks of herceptin has done. I found A/C easy, taxotere with lots of annoying side effects (mouth sores, joint pain, diarreah, constipation, etc.) but all manageable. Hope that helps!

Barbara
06-27-2004, 07:31 AM
I had dose dense A/C four treatments every other week, and then Taxol four treatmments every other week which I finished 5/26/04 and Wednesday I start Herceptin every three weeks for one year. I am Stage II and I am receiving the Herceptin off protocol. I had some temporary pains in fingers and feet and joint pain with Taxol but it lasted only three or four days the week following each treatment. My muga scan last week prior to starting Herceptin was 65. I will have a followup after being on Herceptin a month or so and will let you know how I do.

Cathy W
06-27-2004, 09:12 AM
I did AC last year for stage I (every 3 weeks for 4 cycles). Now I am doing taxotere, carbo, herceptin, and zometa. I did it every three weeks for 4 cycles, then switched to weekly (3 weeks on, one week off). I did that for 8 weeks, and just last week they dropped the carbo. The carboplatin has the worst side effects and usually you can't be on it more than 6 cycles. I have weathered it pretty well--just lower intestinal upset and emotional roller coaster, thinning hair. The carbo was making me have blurry vision and eye spasms and weak limbs, but when I went to smaller doses weekly that stopped. This week when I didn't have the carbo, I noticed that I wasn't as emotional and weepy.
I responded very well to this treatment. All tumor markers are almost normal, and there is some evidence of tumors shrinking (I go for a PET next week).
If I can help you, just let me know. My best to you.
Cathy

kim
06-27-2004, 09:41 PM
I did dose dense, but mine was A every 2weeksx4, taxotere with herceptin every 2week, then C every 2weeksx 4 continuing with the herceptin which I am still getting every 2 weeks. This was all the adjuvant setting. So far my mugas have been fine.
Kim

vinnie
06-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Kim,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know the dosage you were receiving on the taxotere. Was it 75 mg/m2 or 100 mg/m2.

Did you have any problems with insurance paying for herceptin in an adjuvant setting

kim
06-28-2004, 04:05 AM
I don't remember the dosage of taxotere, but I will check next time I am there.

I have not had difficulty with insurance and the herceptin.
Kim

Vicki Z
06-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi Vinnie,

Like Rozebud, I didn't do dose-density, but I did FAC for 5 cycles (every 3 wks.) and then was switched to Herceptin-Taxol-Carboplatin, as lauren mentioned above, on a weekly basis (for 3 wks.) and then herceptin only on the 4th week. I have 11 more weeks to go and this was for a total of 16 weeks. This is in an adjuvant setting. Hope this helps.

Vicki Z