PDA

View Full Version : You\'re Psychic!

Lolly
06-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi Lyn, GREAT to hear from you! I was thinking about you off and on today, which is my treatment day, wondering how you were getting along and decided if I didn't see a post from you I was going to e-mail you...so you're saved from that:)
Wow, it's sounds like the combo is really working, too bad you had to give up the hot water bottle. That sounds very interesting, I'm going to talk to my nurses about it and try it on MY neck nodes, which are considerably shrunk but I can still feel one so will experiment on that.
As you may remember, I was on Herceptin/Navelbine for 6 months total for my first recurrence, even though I consider that I was NED after 3 months. This time around, I'm scheduled for 6 months again, unless I have progression in which case we'll try something new. I think 6 months is pretty common, but I know some of the ladies have been on a particular regimen even longer. I guess there's no cut and dried formula, as usual you're going to have to wing it, but I'm sure you and your onc will figure out the best plan for you. The two of you have done a pretty good job of keeping you relatively healthy so far!
Keep us posted, and take care.
Love, Lolly

Lyn
06-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi Lolly, I wasn't too worried about the hot water bottle last week or this week for that matter, the heat coming out of my neck is hotter than the bottle, but it does stand to reason because when patients have 5FU here they suck on ice so they don't get mouth ulcers, who knows we may have come up with a secret weapon. I finally have a wedding to go to at the end of July and I can tell you that makes a nice change, got the outfit just have to sort out the hair. Talk to you soon.

Love & Hugs Lyn