PDA

View Full Version : Linda in MI

Joe and Christine
06-29-2004, 01:24 PM
It is with our deepest regrets to announce that Linda Garmo who was very active on this board, passed away yesterday in Royal Oak Michigan. The following is an email that we received from her husband today. We have no address for Linda. If someone does have it, please post.

Christine and Joe

Linda passed away on June 28, 2004 at about 10:30 PM at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan of Breast Cancer. Linda is survied by her husband Steve and three children Jacob (14), Jasmine (10) and Nathaniel (8). Please see below for the funeral information for Linda M. Garmo:

Friday, July 2, 2004: Visitation will be from 4 to 8 pm at Jerry Yono Southfield Funeral Home located at 18338 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, MI
48076. It is on Twelve Mile Road just west of Southfield Road.

Saturday, July 3, 2004: Mass followed by Burial at 12 pm at Mother of God Southfield Church in 25585 Berg Road, Southfield, MI 48034. It is between Civic Center Drive and Ten Mile Road. She will be buried at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery located on 25800 West Ten Mile Road in Southfield just one mile west of Telegraph Road.

Sunday, July 4, 2004: Memorial of the Seventh Day will be held at St. Thomas Church located at 6900 Maple Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48322 at 12
pm. The church is located on Maple Road (15 Mile) between Drake and Halsted roads. Following the mass, you may give your condolences at the church hall from 2 to 5 pm.

Steven Garmo
248-553-2705

Lolly
06-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I am so sorry, and my sincere condolences go out to her husband and children. Thank you to her husband Steven for letting Christine and Joe know about her passing. I'll remember Linda as one of "our angels", and will keep her family in my prayers.
Love, Lolly

JoJo
06-29-2004, 02:54 PM
My heart goes out to Linda's young children and husband. I feel very heavy-chested tonight! :-(

I truly enjoyed Linda's postings, she was a nice & caring person.

Deepest condolences to the Garmo family.

Hugs

eleanor
06-29-2004, 11:22 PM
I opened my email and read that Linda had passed. I am just saddened by this news. My prayers are with her husband, children and family.
I have an email address that I believe is usable. It's linda@garmo.com
She was truly a wonderful woman and an inspiration to us all. She will certainly be missed by all of us.
el

Lisa
06-30-2004, 01:20 AM
It's so difficult to hear of another passing. With all the support from this site, I at least, sometimes feel this battle just CAN'T be lost. But that wouldn't be correct.

Linda fought very hard, both with traditional, complementary and even alternative methods. She was frightened like we all are, especially at the prospects of getting off chemo to get into one of the GSW trials. I don't know whether she ever made it to the trial or not.

At any rate, this is a sad day for all of us.

Love and healing light to all,

Lisa

Lisa
06-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Today I e-mailed Linda's husband. I just assumed his address was steven@garmo.com. So far it hasn't come back to me, so I assume it got through.

Love and light,

Lisa