PDA

View Full Version : timeframe on your chemo regimen

JoJo
07-01-2004, 04:22 AM
For those who are in stage 4:

Do you remain on chemo's indefinitely?

I know that we could have Herceptin indefinitely.

Patty H
07-01-2004, 08:48 AM
I've been on three different kinds of chemo over the last 10 months. They are trying to shrink the met in my lungs and also give me quality of life. For now they are giving me a break off of chemo. They will scan me regulary and when growth starts again they will try something else. So basically we try to contain it hoping for ned or to hang in there till a new cure arrives. Patty H

Kathy
07-01-2004, 10:20 AM
I have been on Herceptin for 3 yrs and have tried 3 different chemo's. What seems to be working is Navelbine which I get 2 wks on and 2 wks off and have been taking it for 2 yrs and my doc says I will be on it as long as I don't progress. My bones are stable, I have developed a brain met, but we are dealing with that with radiation, because the chemo wouldn't have prevented that anyway. SO, what my doc says is indefinitely as long as its work. Good luck

Lolly
07-01-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm on my second series of Herceptin/Navelbine; the first series was for six months,then as I was NED I continued on Herceptin solo for over 2 & 1/2 years. This second series will last 6 months, unless I still have evidence of disease, then will either continue with Navelbine or try something new.
Lolly

Peggy
07-01-2004, 11:04 PM
My onc says I will be on Herceptin indefinitely; right now the schedule is every 3 weeks. My stage IV was found February 2003 which was 6 months after I have completed A/C (followed by radiation) for my primary diagnosis. I have been on Herceptin (or Herceptin in combination with other drugs) for over a year now and I am NED! Good news since my recurrence happened so quickly.

Lisa
07-01-2004, 11:18 PM
It varies so much from person to person. I don't believe any onc wants his/her patient on chemo indefinitely. It will become obvious after a few months whether your particular chemo regimen is working. If not, they will probably try another. Just too much toxicity to continue chemo indefinitely.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

eleanor
07-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Hi,
My chemo was stopped once it was established that I was ned. I am on herceptin and closely monitored by scans every 2 mos.
el

lyn
07-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi there, I asked my onc this and he said about 3 years, so I said what went wrong with me and he just said your different, I have been on chemo and radiation since 1998 not stop, just progressing until something better comes along and staying one step ahead of the disease at all times, every tomorrow could have the answer. I am now on Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin and I seem to always respond to each drug I just wish I could get a normal life back, I didn't have to work this hard at anything since I left work in 1998. But we have to stay positive and keep on smiling, I am loosing my hair now for the third time and that is really crappy. Good luck to you,

Luv & Hugs Lyn