PDA

View Full Version : To Steph

Lisa
02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Now we know! Now if we could only figure out about sore scalps...

Love and light,

Lisa

Mary - Tierrasanta in San Diego
02-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Don't know what my tumor markers were then as my onc does not follow them very much. Think I was lucky to have a very aggressive onc. Also they knew something was wrong since my left breast was almost twice normal size overnight (since I was already DD, that was a lot!). If I had relied on opinion of radiologist after mammogram I would have been in big trouble - "Nothing wrong, make an appointment to get another mammogram in 6 months". 6X4X2 biopsy had no margins. Found out that there were 2 tumors - 5 cm & 6 cm. Last MRI and PET scan confirmed that one is gone and the other is 1.2 or 1 cm. Unfortunately Lobular cancer is very hard to find.

Steph N.
02-26-2004, 06:13 PM
If I had relied on opinion of radiologist after mammogram I would have been in big trouble - Nothing wrong, make an appointment to get another mammogram in 6 months". 6X4X2 biopsy had no margins"

That statement makes my blood just about boil!! A radiologist has no business making that kind of statement. Anything usual MUST be passed back to you doctor or the person who ordered the Mammo. Your sudden increase in breast size is also very indicative of inflammatory breast cancer - like my friend had. Not something to wait around with for 6 months, for heaven's sake.
SO GLAD things are going in the right direction for you.

Christine
07-06-2004, 10:36 AM
I was "invited" because I recently changed oncologists only because my former one was 30 miles away and this "new" one was just 2 miles from my home.

Dr. Laurie Frakes is on the staff of this new center and added me to her mailing list...thus the invite.

Dr. Slamon's presence came as a complete surprise.

Hugs and well wishes,
Christine

Steph N
07-07-2004, 11:25 AM
We will take those good surprises however they come! I was also envious since the ENERGY in a group such as you experienced must be awesome. So many intersting people, even if they are't famous researchers. And you always come away with some new information or inspiration, which is so freely shared with us.