PDA

View Full Version : Good MOrning

lolam
07-06-2004, 01:34 AM
I missed my mOnday visit. I was picking berries at the WA farms. Black and red raspberries and strawberries, Yum! I took my grands and my hubby. My daughter-in-law and I took turns holding our new baby, Elena, her first trip picking berries!! It was fun being with the family and making memories. I think about that alot lately. Every experience we have is something to be remembered by someone that will bring a smile long after we are gone. That way we get to live forever no matter what, eh??

Could someone tell me if Linda in MI was on herceptin?? I was so saddened that she did not win her battle. I pray that her family will be comforted in their memory of her these days.

Our little puppy, NED, starts puppy kindergarten. If he wasn't so cute, he would be dead by now!!! What a naughty little thing. But he makes me smile, all the time. He is about as good a therapy as I could get. My sadness seems to be lifting. But he is a tenacious little fella, just what you want to see in NED right??? He always tries his hardest to get what he wants. I like that in a NED don't you??

I have to have a Muga on the 13th as my fractions have dropped. I am praying that my ticker remains strong enough. How disappointing it would be to lose herceptin even for a time. My blood counts are down recently too so will probably have to have some help with those. My energy level is low. Maybe just the heat..

I am keeping up with all of you and my heart goes out to you and your struggles. Haven't posted much as I don't have much advice, but know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers as I make my weekly visit.

God bless you all today. Hugs, Lola

eleanor
07-07-2004, 12:34 AM
lola, how nice to hear from you.
enjoy - enjoy - enjoy
hugs
el

Steph N
07-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi Lola -
If I am not mistaken, Linda in MI had some pleural effusions or something and was perhaps on oxygen?? Maybe someone else recalls more clearly. Seems she had to go off Herceptin for the above reasons.

I, too live in western WA. Have berries of various kinds in my own back yard - strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. In fact Hubby just came in with the last of the decent strawberries as this moment (due to recent rain) and a big bowl of huge raspberries. Guess I better think of a nice way to serve them!
So, glad the berrypicking outing was such a lift. Feel free to email me - maybe we are even neighbors?

Sheila
07-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Lola
Good to read your post...Let me know how the puppy training goes. I had to put my lab down end of May, she was diagnosed with cancer in the lymph nodes...I felt that she was too good a dog and too old for chemo, which may have given her 6 more months...my husband said only one of you in treatment at a time...anyway, I was heartbroken, she was my pal through all I've been through...but I went out and got 2 black lab puppies, sisters! They are Sophie and Sadie and there are days I wonder if chemo brain overtook my common sense to get 2 at once...but, they are a joy, I have no flowers left, they have chewed my wall and now are remodeling my lawn...but to look at those faces makes it all worth it!
Hugs
Sheila