PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin Side Affects

Barbara
07-05-2004, 05:22 AM
I had my first off protocol Herceptin infusion last Wednesday for Stage II BC. I have had a queasy stomach particularly in between meals since then. With the exception of this I have no other side affects. I was wondering if any of you might have experienced any upper GI symptoms after Herceptin.

Judy
07-05-2004, 06:25 AM
I haven't had any effects except perhaps some extra tiredness that day ....probably a result of just taking it easy:-) Actually I've found it to be an easy protocol so far. I'm also doing it off label. Have been doing herceptin since March.

Kathie in New Jersey
07-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Are you taking pre-meds prior to Herceptin. It could be the premeds instead of the herceptin, esp. the steroid

Kathie

Kathy
07-05-2004, 10:53 AM
I've been on Herceptin for 3 yrs...no side effects except a little fatigue. Keep with it and I'm sure it will fade away. Good luck

Martha
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I've been on Herceptin for about nine months now. I have had no side effects what so ever. I'm very tired and sleepy the day of infusion but that is due to the premed of Benedryl that they infuse to avoid any allergic reaction to the herceptin. From what the doctors tell me I will continue to do Herceptin for the rest of my life. I am stage four and also taking the oral chemo drug Xeloda.

eleanor
07-07-2004, 12:44 AM
hi barbara,
that feeling should go away soon if you are just starting out.
every time i go off the drug and then start back up after a few months hiatus i feel aittle queasy. just make sure you don't take the drug on an empty stomache and keep the meals light that day and you should be fine.
el

Maggie in Maryland
07-07-2004, 12:55 PM
The premedications given to me through the IV prior to my weekly Herceptin treatments minimize side effects. I get Pepcid, Benadryl, and Zofran. The one time I did not receive these premeds, I was very sick afterwards. Good luck.

Janelle
07-07-2004, 02:01 PM
I have no side effects from the Herceptin. Have been on it since June 03. I moved a few weeks ago and the new chemo center tried to give me Benadryl and Kytril before the Herceptin.... I declined both.

Hugs,
Janelle

Barbara
07-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Kathie:

Thanks for responding. I did not have any pre meds. They hung a bag of saline in case I had a reaction so they could add meds if necessary but I had not problems at the time of the infusion.