PDA

View Full Version : Swimsuits with prosthesis?

JoJo
07-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Hello! :-)

I need a swimsuit that can hold a breast prosthesis. Do you know of any good places to buy one?

Thanks with hugs.

KRISTEN
07-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Jojo, I went to the place where I got my prostetic and a lady there would sew in a pocket for any swimsiut that I picked out. It cost about $10. and I had mine back within 3 days. Good Luck. Kristen

lolam
07-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Nordstroms had mine, even in my size :)

Sheila
07-12-2004, 08:24 PM
womanspersonalhealth.com has some great suits in all sizes...I was even able to get a 2 piece mastectomy swimsuit...needless to say I cant wear that anymore with these extra pounds...the woman that runs the business is very nice, and exchanges are no problem. I also bought a swim form from amoena through her and it was clear, and great for swimming...concave.
Hope this helps
Hugs
Sheila

Lolly
07-13-2004, 04:53 AM
LandsEnd catalog has some nice ones in their summer issue, type in "lands end mastectomy swim suit" using a search engine like Google.
I just bought a suit I liked off the rack, and sewed in some pockets I made from curtain netting material so the water would drain out easy, and I use my foam inserts so the top of the suit doesn't get pulled down so much. Works fine!
Love, Lolly

jessica
07-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Check out us.amoena.com.Their swimsuits have pockets for the prosthesis, as well as they sell other post-mastectomy accessories.(I did some modeling for their Spring 2004 catalog).Hope you find something you like