PDA

View Full Version : Well, got prelim report :-(

Janelle
07-16-2004, 09:20 AM
To Christine, Joe and the rest of the gang:

I saw my new primary today and she had the report from my Brain MRI ..

There is a spot that is less than 5 mm in the right occipital lobe and I quess it's cause for concern because of bc history. I will get more from my oncologist on Tues. Not what I wanted to hear, but don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Hoping that everyone will keep me in their prayers.

Hugs,

Lisa
07-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Janelle,

I started to call you, but it's too late in Michigan. Oh, my God. Janelle, once again, you and I are in EXACTLY the same boat. My brain MRI a couple of weeks ago showed one something, 5mm in size. This Tuesday I, too, will talk to my onc and schedule another MRI.

Personally, I'm not worried. If it's a tumor, we take care of it with CyberKnife. If it's not (and apparently it doesn't show all the features of a tumor), great. But I'm thankful there is only 1 of whatever it is. AND that we have CyberKnife available.

I'm going to San Diego tomorrow to meet with Joe and Christine and to meet Mary. Very excited. I'll call you from there.

Love and healing light,

Lisa

JoJo
07-17-2004, 01:58 AM
I also have a brain tumor at 7mm, just discovered last month. We are talking about gamma knife, expected to have it in early Aug.

You guys mentioned of the cyberknife. Is it the same thing?

I wish you both the best of luck, Janelle & Lisa. Take good care of yourselves! :-) Hugs