PDA

View Full Version : GIRLFRIEND!!! Don\'t not pick your kids up!!!

lauren
07-19-2004, 12:27 PM
I am 38. I have two kids. I carry them on my shoulders, and I play horsie. NO WAY am I not going to do those things. I am ALIVE. I want to LIVE my life. And you should too. That list is ridiculous.

Keep your arm clean and free of infections. Do you actually know of ANYONE who got lymphedema from lifting their kids?????????????????????

lauren

You put them on your shoulders??
07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Really? How much do they weigh? I miss this....I almost feel like my infant is too heavy for me to use the B'jorn anymore! I would love to be able to use those carriers!

I know I'm pushing the limits - just want to know if I can push more (like hot tubs and water skiing this weekend - what about playing on the jungle gym with them?)

I do know a 31 year old who got lymphadema. She has a 3 year old who was over 30 lbs and thinks she got it from lifting him too much.

I am still WAY impressed that you are doing hot, upside down yoga! I've got to get in better shape!

picking them up, yes, of course!
07-20-2004, 12:21 AM
one weighs 40 pounds, and one weighs a few pounds more. They are five and seven. I love picking them up and roughhousing. I know that this is okay. I know that if I get lymphedema, it won't be because of that. It will be because I bite my nails. I totally need to stop that!!

It makes no sense to stop doing the things you love to do. That means cancer is winning. That's my opinion on the topic...

lauren

Rozebud
07-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Thank you. That is how I feel too. I'm careful, but going to even take more risks now! My therapist says if I get it, she'll help me get rid of it.

(As a side note, I'm noticing even more slight swelling after the water skiing. Oh, well.....)