PDA

View Full Version : Criticism and censure

lauren
07-20-2004, 03:19 AM
I like this board, and I really do not have a problem with being criticized, for using strong language that expresses my anger and upset. However, I do request that if you do not like my style, then just ignore me. Clearly, if you see my name, you will know that you may be reading something highly opinionated and that may contain words like "crap" and "sucks" and even acronyms like "WTF". So, if you don't want to read what I have to say, then don't. I promise to always post under my own name to give you fair warning.

Why do I think I have the right to ask you not to criticize me? Well, you CAN criticize me all you want, but it doesn't seem fair that you are criticizing my style, which amounts to an ad hominim attack. My style of writing, on the other hand, is not an attack on any one person. It is merely a style of writing. Do you see the difference? My writing may be unpleasant to you, but it attacks NO ONE. On the other hand, attacks on me are attacks on a person. Big difference.

I hope this board returns to the open and free place it was when I first started posting. But if not, I will continue to be here because it is helpful nevertheless.

nikki uk
07-20-2004, 05:54 PM
I know many people may be offended by swear words, but it's everywhere these days, i am 32 and im wondering if maybe its an age thing, i know my mother wouldn't use words like that but im with Lauren on this one, i believe these boards should be for people to vent in any way that makes them release some of thier anger, i can't swear and cuss in front of my little boy but i thought grown adults would be able to see it for what it is, any god that judges somebody for the language they use is a judgmental god, not somebody i would look up to......god is how you treat people not about bad language and the such.....again this is my opinion and i hope im free to express that on here without to much acrimony.
Good luck Lauren, lifes been to unfair on us already, lets not make it any more so!!
Nikki

Anonymous
07-20-2004, 07:26 PM
You had better read Joe's post on the threads above, he and Christine have the power to pull the plug and censor as they wish.