PDA

View Full Version : jojo...

lauren
06-18-2004, 07:40 AM
how did it go at the nurse practitioner? any news? how are you feeling? hang in there, girlfriend...

lauren
07-08-2004, 10:21 PM
aren't you er positive? are you going to be trying an aromatase inhibitor? sorry if you already answered that, but i don't remember you mentioning anything about shutting down your ovaries and trying an a.i....?

JoJo
07-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Hi lauren,

I was ER+ in the initial biopsies (2 different institutions analyzed my tumor block) as well as my node dissection surgery. After radiation, I was given Femara (daily pill) & Zoladex (injection shot) to shut down my ovaries. HOWEVER, the last biopsy on my supraclaviar node ???sp?> was ER/PR-.

My nurse practitioner told me that it was probably a false negative, so they're still treating me as if ER/PR+. My onc just put me on Faslodex (injection shot), and asked me to quit Femara, but still stick with Zoladex.

Apparently, Femara didn't work in my case, so hopefully Faslodex will do the trick.

We'll monitor my enlarged node for any kind of response for a month. If the combo of Faslodex & Herceptin isn't successful, then they'll put me on a new chemo, along with Herceptin.

pattyz
07-30-2004, 11:09 PM
I'll give it a shot........