PDA

View Full Version : We Are All Here To Support You

Christine and Joe
08-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Lisa,

You have made a very educated decision about your treatment. The worst thing that could happen to anyone of us is agonizing if we did the right thing or not. You can enter this new phase assured that you did make the correct choice.Your knowledge of brain tumors and treatments were instrumental in that decision making process.

You can call on any of us WBR survivors at any time with any question. We are here to support you.

The responses and the compassion of all of the women and caregivers on this message board to others is truly a miracle unfolding before our eyes. I am truly proud of all of them.

Hugs and well wishes
Your Friends
Christine and Joe

Janelle
08-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Lisa,
You are such an inspiration to me... your strength and courage is just awesome. You know that I will keep you in my prayers as you go thru this.

Think I need to get a lot of homework done before I meet w/my new oncology team on the 17th... they said they might even do a follow-up Brain MRI on that day.. you have taught me that I need to have all my ducks in a row BEFORE I get there.

Love ya,
Hugs,
Janelle

Lolly
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Lisa, I am in awe of your courage and fortitude. You give all of us courage. Of course we'll be here for you, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Lolly

Steph N
08-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Whew! Now it is all over but the shouting, so to speak. Getting through this Day of Decision is a BIG one and takes a lot of the pressure off. Your plan of attack is set and there is no turning back.
When I had a discussion early this year about brain mets, my med onc said he prefers WBR in aggressive tumor patients for just the reason your team recommended. He did not seem worried that I might be in that position one day - that there is treatment and not to worry about it - just call him if I have any INKLING of a symptom.
We have pretty good understanding about not going too long between brain MRI's.
And you WILL have hair - my friend who had WBR got hers back, it was a little wirey for a while, but got manageable.
Keep up that lovely attitude and smile.

lindaw
08-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Dear Lisa

It is relief to have gone throught all the decision making and now on with the treatment. I can relate to that.
You will be in my thoughts often and I will be sending the love and light to you.

love
lindaw