PDA

View Full Version : HI Shawna - Fertility and FEC(CEF)

Janet (UK)
08-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Shawna - thank you for your post. At 33, I am sure you will tolerate any of the three chemo choices well, so please don't be fightened about it. One of the earlier posts mentioned the fertility issues of FEC versus AC or AC plus T. I just wanted to tell you that when I had FEC, my periods did not even stop whilst I was taking the chemo, so fertility probably not affected. And I was five years older than you are. As I am hormone negative, I was quite happy about this. Very best of luck with whatever you choose.

shawna
08-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Hi Janet,
Even before I met with my onc I knew that eventually I may need to make somewhat of a choice regarding my fertility. After a lot of thinking I decided I am ok with losing my fertility......hard but I am good with it. My partner has a child....plus now I know I have a lot to do with my life-I don't have time for more kids!:):)

Annemarie
08-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I had A/C plus Taxol at age 31 and after 10 months my periods resumed and my FSH levels returned to normal. I actually got pregnant and m/c soon after. I decided to use a gestational carrier to have our children because I am er/pr+ and her2+++. I am not going to stop living my life because I have bc. Everyday is precise for all of us so live your dreams. Have children if you always desired them.