PDA

View Full Version : xeloda and effect

Lindaw
08-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Dear All
I have had one weeks worth on xeloda and the rash has virutally diappeared. I also had a small lump on the end of the scar and this feels softer and a little sesame seed thing is also a wee bit softer. I know one week is a little early to know but does the lump thing shrink slower than the rashes if the drug is working?
Any advice /expereinces would be appreciated.
thanks
love
linda

Lyn
08-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Hi it is good that you had a fast response, some of the lump may also be scar tissue,I know I have a few little gathers and tucks in my scar line from the staples. The Xeloda also worked quickly on my scar mets as well, hopefully this will be the end for you but make sure you check your neck for lumps from time to time, seems there is a pattern in some BCs.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Sandy H.
08-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Have both of you been on continueous treatment fo skin mets or in and out of chemo for them? I have been off chemo for 4 months and a biopsy showed I have them again. Xeloda or Navelbine did not work for me. Herceptin, Taxol and carbo did it the last time. It is my understanding that they NEVER go away is this true? Its great the xeloda is working!! Hugs, Sandy

Jackie
08-08-2004, 10:55 AM
I asked my onc and she said that you can have a positive response from skin mets but no response from an internal mets, or vice versa. We are in the process of trying to decide if my current chemo drug is still working internally while it is addressing the skin mets. I remember thinking at the time that that wasn't fair!
Good luck to you,
Jackie

lindaw
08-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Dear Jackie
Thanks for reply. It is very odd isn't it - the way it can be so selective.

love
lindaw

lindaw
08-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Dear Lynn
Thanks for info about the neck. There does seem to be a bit of a pattern doesn't there.

love
lindaw

Lindaw
08-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Dear Sandy
Sorry to here you have the skin mets again - I don't know about them never going away - all my onc said was they are hard to get rid of.I was on the hera trial for 4 months and found a little red dot.This was cut out and found to be cells but probably/may have gone after time. I went on taxol for 4 months and then another little red bit but this was deadish cells - but we cut it out and went to navelbine - this made little sesame seeds grow and we cut them out. Then I went on hetrceptin alone for about 4 months and a rash and lump came up on the scar line. Have had constant scans and no disease ( evidence of ) anywhere else. So now it is xeloda.

Who knows what next.
Sometimes I am preoccupied with it sometimes I get tired of using too much time thinking of it.
love
lindaw
love
Lindaw

Lyn
08-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi there, mine have been always mets to glands, and skin. Had most of the problems with neck and a few picked up in chest, not lungs or any organs. I always seem to respond to treatment then I may have a break for a little while and have to try something else, at moment on herceptin/taxol/carbo for mets to skin on back of neck and neck gland. Radiation has been successful, Aromasin got rid of some lumps while I was waiting for radiation that I didn't need that time, I just seem to keep going in time for another drug, but has been continual since 1998, first relapse after AC-rads-CMF was about 4 months, 1 month after taxotere, and so on until now. Thing was ct and ultra sound couldn't identify the lump being treated even though you could see it and feel it but MRI did. We just have to keep on top of it at all times. Hope this helps.

Love & Hugs Lyn