PDA

View Full Version : Feeling good!

Ruth S
08-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I think the meaning of all this exercise is #1 - chemotherapy & estrogen medication can put you into menopause which can add to the difficulty of maintaining a good body weight and if you are already in menopause your even further stripped of the estogren flowing around in your body. Also depression after a diagnosis can add the pounds too. There is some relation to weight gain & estrogen increase from the fat in the cells. Joe probably can tell us exactly where to go for that info! I personally think that women who are diagnosed younger it has nothing to do with exercise. A friend of mine who was diagnosed last year was on a gymnastists scholarship and 23 years old - that girl did not have once ounce of fat on her or family history of BC! I was in great shape too....didn't seem to matter. I think exercise not only can help with estrogen - but has a very positive effect of mood enhancement. They can't measure someone's happiness & overall good feeling towards oneself. Exercise can help there.
Peace, Ruth

Sandy H.
08-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Cancer is an autoimmune disease. When our immune system is down caused from a number of things, stress is a big one, our body goes into an acidic state and then we can get ill. Not all get ill depends on how much the immune system gets down. Usually we have more then one autoimmune disease. Mine started out with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and then cancer. This is being researched talked about more these days. It will be interesting to see how far it comes. Hugs, Sandy