PDA

View Full Version : how fast is breast cancer research going?

JoJo
08-07-2004, 03:37 PM
I read somewhere some years ago that this cancer research (I forgot which kind, but pretty certain it's NOT breast cancer) has been advancing well. One oncologist said that at one point, their research was going at 35 mph. Years later, after some significant improvement, they're going at 55 mph now. finding new wonderful treatments. I thought that was a great example.

Now, I wonder how fast our breast cancer research is going these days????

lauren
08-07-2004, 09:30 PM
objectively speaking - LIGHT YEARS. speaking from my heart, never fast enough until there is a cure.

lauren
08-09-2004, 10:35 AM
This whole topic has veered off into the horribly disturbing and borderline paranoid. Whether the allegations against doctors and Big Medicine are true or not, I just can't bear to absorb that sort of knowledge and choose to close my eyes to it. I mean, what other choice do I have? Kicking and screaming and pushing back and bemoaning it certainly aren't going to fix the problem. Sure, I can be my own "advocate", but the bottom line is that the info out there is a product of "spin" anyway. So, if you are paranoid of Big Medicine, you aren't going to be getting any particularly unbiased info out there anyway. In my opinion, the best thing to do is to cull the info, distill it down to what you can understand and then go with your gut.

Getting all paranoid isn't going to serve anyone's best interest though, right?