PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Temodor?

Lisa
08-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Can anyone please share her experience with Temodor?

Love and light,

Lisa

Anonymous
08-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Lisa, I heard from an Onc at Sloan Kett, NYC, that Temodor is an older chemo and penetrates the BBBarrier, so it may be good for primary Brain tumors, but may have side effects not preferred for metastatic Brain CA

celina
08-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Would be most interested in hearing more about the side-effects...,my sister was going to mention Temodor to her doc today. I know that Patty is using this drug and I seem to remember her saying that she didn't experience side-effects...Patty are you there??? Apparently, though not as effective for secondary brain tumors, there are still some positive studies.

Annemarie
08-09-2004, 04:46 AM
I was on Temodar for 18 mos.. I had a reoccurrance while on Temodar. My Dr. told me that brain tumors do a lot better on it than brain mets. He sees pts. who have had glioblastnoma living 2 years out and counting (verses 7 mos. on average prior to Temodar) but with brain mets studies have shown it is not as effective just a few additional mos. about 2-3. I took it with Zofran so the side effects were not so bad. Some times I would just throw up but you get sick and you are fine again. I would feel good 95% of the time.

Christine
08-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Annonymous-posted by Christine

michele u
08-10-2004, 05:20 AM
I know my best friends mom is taking this for a primary brain tumor. Her's was too advanced for it to work. I've read that it is better for primary brain tumors also, but that breast brain tumors respond better to gamma and cyberknife.