PDA

View Full Version : for Lisa

al
08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Dear Lisa,
I am constantly "blown-away" by the courage of all the sisters who post on this board and how they handle the relentless "state of war" with cancer. I feel particularily hummbled by your strength and courage in handling your recent challenge. Our son, who is 17, wrote his mom a letter, shortly after the discovery of the liver mets, apologizing for his inability to verbalize exactly how he feels about his mom's struggles and challenges. He ended his (gut-wrenching) note by telling Linda that she is the strongest and most courageous person he has ever known. I'm sure that he would write the same note for you.
Your recent update is one that everyone on this message board should save on their desktop (for easy access), as an inspiration for either themselves or family and friends. If Linda ever has to deal with brain mets, the first thing I would do is pull-up your posting and say to her, "this is how Lisa did it!" Although fairly new to the discussion group, we are all, (especially Mel), fortunate to have you as one of our guiding lights.
Thinking about you,
Al and Linda