PDA

View Full Version : MD Anderson to Stop Giving Second Opinions

Joe
08-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I read this on another bc support board and thought it is of interest to many of our members here.

Regards
Joe

Rozebud
08-14-2004, 05:35 AM
This is disappointing and really scary. For people like me with a husband and small children .....it's not so easy to drop everything and go live in Houston for a few months. I hope I won't need more aggressive treatment, but if I do, it's a shame I can't go there.

Joe
08-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Michelle,
Have you considered the Jonnson cancer center at UCLA ? They are great.

Regards
Joe

Rozebud
08-15-2004, 01:27 AM
This is disappointing and really scary. For people like me with a husband and small children .....it's not so easy to drop everything and go live in Houston for a few months. I hope I won't need more aggressive treatment, but if I do, it's a shame I can't go there.

michele u
08-15-2004, 04:17 AM
I tried to get a second opinion there last week. They said i couldn't unless my cancer came back! I was really dissappointed that a big center like that can't staff enough dr's for second opinions. I called sloan kettering and they could see me in a week! Trying to decide what to do

lauren
08-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Try Columbia Presbyterian in NYC, if you are coming in to go to Sloan. Columbia has a wonderful breast team.