PDA

View Full Version : cox 2

carlye
08-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have info on cox 2 and finding out how you test for it? I have been reading posts in the YSC and some women say their tumors feed off of cox2 and they are on celebrex. I don't think mine was tested for it 3 years ago! Thanks again for all your help!

michele u
08-19-2004, 12:44 PM
I have never heard of any test for the cox2. I know they are now doing studys on celebrex with breast cancer. I think it is more of a preventive or to prevent reoccurence's not for treatment, is what i understand.

Kristen
08-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi Caryle, How did the scans go, or have you had them Yet? I looked up cox 2 and an American Cancer Society article came up and yes they said Cox2 can be bad. The Link is
AMC Society-www.cancerorg/docrout/NMS/content/hws_1_1x_cure__
linked_to Breat_cancer_asp
Great question and I hope it helps others on Cox 2. My eyes are closing so if this link is not correct, put in search engine for cox 2, there was more articles to read. Good luck. Talk w/u soon. Take Care kristen

carlye
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks Kristen,
So far so good, ultrasound came out good, blood tests came out good to so far, they dont have the 27.29 back yet, will find out this morning! Next week will have pet, bone and cat scans! TY for asking? When do you leave? Or are you already back and how did it go?

Kathy
08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
You can control the COX 2 enzyme naturally. Read "Beyond Aspirin" by Thomas M Newmark and Paul Schulick. I have been taking Zyflamend by New Chapter and it controls it by 80%. God Bless.