View Full Version : I agree completely...eom

Lisa
08-23-2004, 03:49 AM

Sandy
08-23-2004, 06:00 AM
From what I have heard, seen and researched you are right on it. Hugs, Sandy

Kathy
08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Hello to everyone, I am glad to read that others are interested in diet after their diagnosis. This is what I have learnerd. Indole 3 carbonal (400 mgs)is good against HER2/neu wether it is estrogen receptor (ER) positive or negative. You can obtain this supplement through Life Extension. I belong and enjoy their magazine and supplements. Personally I believe these items should be taken every day: fish oil (1000 mgs per each 10 pds of your body weight) for the EPA & DHA, at least 2 Tbs. of flax oil mixed with some cottage cheese for the omega 3's (6 Tbs if metastatic), handful of parsley and 4 sticks of celery for the apigenin content for HER2/neu cancers. Research is showing that apigenin kills and controls HER2/neu cells. Since I am ER negative, I also use miso paste everyday. I think the best thing for everyone to do is eat a diet that keeps their blood sugar even. If you are not sure on how to do that, then read books on diabetes for the info. Too many fruits and or juices can be just as bad as a candy bar for raising insulin levels. Try to control the COX 2 enzyme in your body. This is about inflammation and is part of how cancers spread. Read "Beyond Aspirin" by Thomas M. Newmark & Paul Schulick. This is very benefical especially if your ER positive. There is alot of new research on how Celebrex is effective against cancer. It stops the cancer from developing a blood supply. They are opening up clinical studies for us on this. Eat wild alaskan salmon, cooked kale, pumpkin, mushrooms, turmeric, ginger, cod liver oil, blueberries/red raspberries/apricots once a week. Don't eat sugar, any diet or regular soda, trans fats in chips and manufatured bakery items, red fatty meat but lean is okay once in a while, dairy unless it is organic and in limited quanities. Okay that's enough from me. Hope this makes sense. You can read books on these items or dive into the net for more info. God Bless.

Christine
08-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I understand everyones nutrition concernswith cancer recurrence and dairy, especially for women who are ER+. MILK, and other dairy products can have hormones that may be causing an estrogen reponse in the bc cells. Some other food products also such as chicken and turkey, but not all poultry is given hormones to enhance the breast or white meat of poultry. Eoster Farms AND FREE RANGE are usually hormone-free. Check out your avaiable poultry/milk dealers for info 0n HORMONES. There are organic milk also, I'm sure you know. Soy is somewhat of a concern, bout eating it occasionally is said to be fine in a recent study. ER- BC need not worry as much. Hugs